Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Post-Birthday Celebration

I had a wonderful post-birthday dinner and a show with my wonderful friend Lisa.

We left early to enjoy a little dinner before the show at Bodega in Norfolk on Granby Street. It's a cute little tapas bar with very Spanish influences in food and wines. Lisa thought we should celebrate a little with a glass of Spanish Cava and some amazing tapas: Pappadew Peppers stuffed with Boursin Cheese drizzled with a Paprika Balsamic reduction and a small plate of marinated artichoke hearts, manchego cheese, roasted red peppers and kalamata olives. Delicious! We ended the meal sharing a very delicious chorizo and chicken paella. Amazing! Such a great start to a perfect night!! Great service and wonderful atmosphere!

If you're on Granby, check this place out. BODEGA WEBSITE

We got season tickets to the Harrison Opera House for the 4 operas and this was the third one!
Romeo and Juliet. It was a beautiful production and an amazing cast. I of think that it was about 45 minutes too long. The whole thing took almost 3 hours. I started to get pretty antsy toward the end and was definitely ready to be home and in bead. We finally made it back to the beach close to 11:15 and I was really just 10 seconds away from being asleep!

I loved the night though and anytime I get to hang out with Lisa and chat is just one more night that I am happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment