Thursday, August 11, 2005

Tourist Season


So, this morning, Roselynn and I had to go over to La Maddalena to pick up the mail at the base Post Office. Let me tell you, this will be the thing that drives me the craziest while I am here.

It's the night of tourist season here on La Madd and it was made quite obvious by the fact that the parking lot at the terminal was FULL. I mean seriously full. There was not one place to park. Luckily, we walked over and didn't have to worry about finding a place.

I've not been here that long yet, so I look like one of the tourists and less like someone who will be living here for the next few years. It's still a fun game that we've been playing since yesterday.. the one where we watch people and try to guess where they are from solely based on their attire. Then we get close enough to hear them speak and determine the place.

We got on the ferry and headed back to Palau. I think I like it better over there. It's too early to tell just yet, but it feels less crowded and maybe a little more quiet on that side. i'm glad we'll be living on that side!

After we got back, we hung at at the temporary housing and drank some wine and had a little food. It was nice to have someone to sit with while the guys are at sea. Being in a new place and really not having a grasp of the language yet is difficult.

I took this picture looking into the hills of Palau just after the sun went down. It's amazing and I know I will say this a ton.. but...

I can't believe I get to live here!


No comments:

Post a Comment