Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Andata e Ritorna, Ancora

"Andata e Ritorno, Ancora"
Translated into English is "There and Back, Again."

Tuesday morning, just like most these days, I had to take the ferry over to La Maddalena to check the mail. {This is going to become very annoying VERY SOON!} 

However annoyed I am to have to go over to check the mail or go to the bank, I can still never get over the beauty that surrounds me each time I ride the ferry. Amazing!

Riding the traghetto or the ferry there are always so many awesome things to see. This time, there was a sail boat and a cruise liner.

Getting off of the ferry when you are walking is MUCH easier than driving. You just walk down the ramp and off of the boat. Done.

La Maddalena is absolutely beautiful. I have never lived this close to the ocean before and I think I'm getting used to it rather quickly! I love this place!

This is Piazza Garibaldi. It's named for Italian General, Politician and Naturalist Giuseppe Garibaldi. He retired on the natural preserve on the Island of Caprera just a shaky bridge away from here in in 1855 until he died in 1882. The middle photo is a monument to his wife, Anita.

There are two bars in Piazza Garibaldi: Maninoteca and Charlie Bar. Charlie is always filled with military guys and Americans, so I really never go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment