Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Happy Birthday Me!

I was kinda nervous about turning 40, but you know what, it's just another age and I plan on fully embracing it. Well, unless someone asks me how old I am!!

Day started out with a bang, ending up having my friend Missy come over to take me to the ER when I cut my foot in the bathroom getting ready!

There she is to the right, putting on make-up in the ER Room as they were making me all better!

We were the highlight on the doc and nurses morning apparently. They were joking around with us and making fun of the orderly. Good fun was had, well, as much as could be had in the ER!!

Thank you soooo much my Missy for rushing over to my house from the beach with no make-up on and still in your house slippers to rescue me!! I love you for that!

Had to get a tetanus shot since I could not remember the last time I actually had one. I'd assume it was sometime either before I got out of the Navy or maybe before we left to move to Italy. I think I was more nervous about a tetanus shot than I was about maybe getting stitches! So that was not fun!

I did however, arrive to work several hours after I should
have been there to a waiting bouquet of flowers from my husband! A sweet card that read:

"I love you more than baseball!"


40 multi colored roses for the 40 years that I have been alive. He's a keeper, that one!

I got home to a package waiting for me on the porch. He knows I love turtles. (Delta Zeta sisterhood will ensure that you will never ever in your entire life be able to turn down anything cute with a turtle or pink and green!)

He found a little diamond and platinum turtle for me and it is adorable. Jinx has a thing for necklaces and he's already eying the little critter!

Dinner was at the beach with some of my awesome friends! Side Street Cantina.. Taco's, guacamole, and a few beers. There was a shot of tequila in there thanks to Jeff and Erik!

Luckily, I have some amazing friends that stepped in for Terry since he was gone!

So, 40. I don't think you're gonna be an issue. I still look good. I feel amazing. I am happy! I have my awesome friends and cats.





Happy 

Birthday 

to

Me

No comments:

Post a Comment